Search Engine Optimization, typically abbreviated SEO, is essential to increase your Web site’s visibility in search engine results. It is vital to incorporate SEO keywords and techniques into your Web site’s development so your site will appear higher up in the search results because most users will only click on the first page or two of search results when looking for pertinent Web sites. If you’re not well versed in SEO, you may want to consider hiring a professional who is knowledgeable in this area to incorporate SEO into your site, otherwise, you could end up doing more harm than good. Whether optimizing your site for search engines for yourself or hiring a professional, there are several tips and techniques you should be aware of. Make sure you inquire about these tips of you’re employing a professional to optimize your Web site.
Tip#1 Using Google Analytics To Keep and Eye on SEO:
Tip#2 Content + Quality = Perfect SEO:
Tip#3 Blogger's First Priority is to Write For Readers:
Tip#4 Using Unique Keywords To Attract Visitors
Do your homework before you begin. Keywords are definitely good, but too many keywords can cause detrimental effects on your search engine ranking. Use a free or paid keyword tracking service to check out the keywords you plan to use and see if there might be better ones. Choose a couple of keywords for each article or page for best results.
Tip#5 Using unpopular Keywords to Gain First Spot in SERP
Tip#6 Slow And Steady Wins the Race:
Make changes slowly. When trying to improve the SEO of your Web site, make only a couple of changes at a time. Some keywords or other SEO changes could cause your page to drop in the rankings and if you’ve made too many changes at once it will be difficult to pinpoint which ones were effective and which weren’t.
Tip#7 Use SEO Optimized Page Title:
Consider your page titles carefully. Create unique and relevant page titles for best results with the search engine crawlers. The page title is one of the most important pieces of information on the page, so don’t title your pages as an afterthought.
Tip#8 Using H1 and H2 Tags
Use your headings wisely. Google and other search engines give preference to headings tagged with the H1 and H2 html tags, so incorporate your most important keywords in these headers, but avoid stuffing the headers with nonsensical phrases just to get your keywords in. Google has started lowering rankings for this practice.
Tip#9 Keep an Eye on Algorithm Updates:
Stay up to date with algorithm changes, especially with the major search engines. Google, Bing, Yahoo! and the other search engines are continually updating their algorithms to bring their users the best possible results. Keep updated on these changes so you can edit your Web site accordingly.
Tip#10 Create a Sitemap To Increase Your Crawling Rate:
Create a site map. Not all pages can be crawled or indexed by search engines, so include a site map to help the crawlers learn more about the pages it cannot index.
Some To The Point But Useful SEO Tips:
- Tip#11: Hyperlink keywords or phrases instead of using the phrase “click here.” Using keywords as links helps the crawlers deduce what the linked-to pages are about.
- Tip#12: Have a plan. Before you begin any SEO changes, develop a sound SEO plan or ask your SEO company to develop one for you. This will help you implement your changes.
- Tip#13: Include hyperlinks to other Web sites. Search engines give pages with links higher ranking than those without, but keep in mind that link farming or poor quality links will hurt your ranking.
- Tip#14: Optimize your Facebook page. Pages on Facebook are also subjected to crawlers and ranking, so incorporate keywords pertaining to your business into the About, Company Overview and Description sections.
- Tip#15: Evaluate your page URLs. Whenever possible, incorporate keywords into your page URLs to increase your search engine rankings and tell people what they can expect when they click on the link to that page. Try to avoid using too many hyphens though as many users may think the links are spam.
- Tip#16: Issue press releases when appropriate. Not only can you post these press releases to your site, you can submit them to related media sites, which may garner you more high quality links to add to your site.
- Tip#17: Update your content regularly. Not only does this help your rankings and SEO, it will also keep your customers happy.
- Tip#18: Start a blog. Incorporating a blog into your Web site or linking to a blog will help your rankings and will help you keep your site’s content current without having to know any Web programming.
- Tip#19: Include links to other pages on your site. Not only will this help crawlers locate additional pages within your Web site, it will help drive traffic to those pages.
- Tip#20: Continually evaluate your site’s SEO. Maintaining or increasing your Web site’s ranking with search engines is an ongoing process that takes a bit of monitoring. Evaluate your links periodically and confirm they are still live links with quality content and adjust your keywords or Meta tags as needed.
So, Guys We hope you have enjoyed the treat. These Tips are highly professional so do practice them till then Peace, Blessings and Happy Learning.